Did You Know...

The PH Factor and Cancer Prevention

 

It is important to maintain a good pH balance or environment as a means of fighting off cancer. The pH scale is from 0 to 14.  Below 7 on the scale and your system is acidic and above 7 on the scale indicates alkaline. Our bodies are designed to be slightly alkaline at a pH of 7.4 and at that level cancer cells become inactive. When our bodies have a pH level of 8.5 cancer cells die while healthy cells are not affected.

What we eat can create a healthy, alkaline, environment or an unhealthy, acidic environment. For examples, most fruits, vegetables and berries create a mild alkaline environment; dairy is okay but cheese is a cancer stimulant. (And dairy, cow’s milk, has its own problems for humans, especially babies.)

A strongly alkaline environment is created when we eat green leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach and kale or take supplements like Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium. Cesium stands by itself in that it is extremely alkaline and it, along with Potassium, is an alternative cancer treatment.

We create a mild acidic environment when we eat grains, legumes, nuts and seeds but a strongly acidic environment when we eat the Standard American Diet (SAD) that consists of all meats, poultry and fish, as wells as eggs and soft drinks.

So foods are acid or alkaline forming, meaning what the pH factor is after we digest that particular food.  We need to consider also that some foods have a different pH factor when cooked versus eaten raw.

There are various ways to restore or create the proper alkaline balance in our bodies: We can eat mostly alkaline foods. Ideally, 80% of our diet should consist of alkaline foods and, for the other 20%, we should avoid the strongly acidic foods like meat!

We can supplement our diets with alkaline minerals. The salts of the alkaline minerals cesium, rubidium and potassium icon may be effective in fighting cancer.

We can also supplement our diets with freshly made vegetable juices, and fruit juices—except for me since I have diabetes and can’t handle the sugar in fruit juices. I try to drink six to eight 8 oz glasses a day as part of my cancer treatment. I couldn’t possible eat enough vegetables to equal the amount of nutrition I get from several glasses of juice.

 
Home arrow Moringa arrow Blog arrow What is M-spike?
What is M-spike? PDF Print E-mail
Written by Web master   
Wednesday, 12 May 2004

What is Muliple myeloma?  It is a malignancy (cancer) of the white blood cell, called a plasma cell. M-spike or M-protein: Monoclonal proteins found in the blood of those with multiple myeloma can be used as a way of indicating how far the myeloma disease has progressed.  The current M-spike is compared to previous M-spikes to determine if a particular treatment is helping halt the process of the mutiple myeloma.

In my case, three years ago the M-spike was 3.8. As the multiple myeloma progresses the M-spike goes up—there is an increase in the monoclonal proteins present in the blood—but the lastest M-spike reading for me was 3.1 which shows a decrease in the plasma cells (as of April 2009).

What is a Beta2-microglobulin? It is a protein found on the surface of many cells. Testing is done primarily when evaluating a person for certain kinds of cancer affecting white blood cells. These cancers include lymphocytic leukemia, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and multiple myeloma.

Beta2-microglobulin is on the surface of white blood cells. Increased production or destruction of these cells causes Beta2-microglobulin levels in the blood to increase. The Beta2-microglobulin levels reflect how active the multiple myeloma is.

 


 

Last Updated ( Wednesday, 10 June 2009 )
 
Next >
© 2014 Keys to Living
My story and the way I am dealing with my multiple myeloma on this site is for informational purposes only and it is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other medical professional. Even though I have chosen this path to combat my cancer, I continue to see my oncologist and primary health physician on a quarterly basis and regularly have lab work to check on my progress--or lack of progress.